To stay regular, fiber is the name of the game. Adding fiber to your morning shake or smoothie is easy and doesn't have to make your delicious breakfast smoothie bland. Here are some of our best ideas for adding fiber to your shakes, which will both lower cholesterol and help keep you regular:
- VeganSmart All-In-One Nutritional Shake has an excellent omega and fiber blend, with more than 6 grams of dietary fiber and 200 milligrams of omega-3s to support a healthy heart, brain and circulatory system.
- One cup of raw oats has a whopping 16 grams of dietary fiber. This is an easy and heart-healthy ingredient to add to a protein and fruit smoothie to give it more fiber and make it a more filling breakfast.
- Chia seeds have 5 grams of dietary fiber in just 1 tablespoon, as well as important minerals, antioxidants and even protein.
- Another great thing to do is to leave the peel on the fruits in your smoothies, such as apples and pears. The flesh has soluble fiber, but the peel is the highest source of fiber and is where you find most of the fruit's important vitamins.
- Nuts are also a good source of fiber. Consider adding a nut butter to your smoothie to give it an extra boost.