If you're training for a fall 5k or half marathon, you're easing back into running after a summer hiatus or you're hitting the gym to lift, now's the time to start building your fabulous fall playlist. Here are some of our best songs and why we think they are perfect for autumn:
Warm up/Cool down
- "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5 (88 bpm) – This song is so cozy that it wraps you in an embrace reminiscent of chunky sweaters, warm apple pies and hot cocoa.
- "Brave" by Sarah Bareilles or "Roar" by Katy Perry (both 92 bpm) – Both songs are about standing up and making a change – fall is a change of seasons, so we think that works out pretty well.
- "Enchanted" by Taylor Swift (82 bpm) – "Enchanted" is for when you're seriously taking it slow, but that's OK! It's the perfect jam for a warm up or cool down jog as you pass by the enchanting fall foliage.
- "Don't Wake Me Up" by Chris Brown (128 bpm) – It's the tune you'll be singing when your covers are warm and outside the safe confines of your bed the air is chill.
- "Wake Me Up" by Avicii (124 bpm) – It's the opposite of the above song, but this end-of-summer hit is really catchy and a great fall tune as well.
- "What Doesn't Kill You" by Kelly Clarkson (116 bpm) – Though fall weather is lovely, this song will prepare you for the cooler wintry days to come, which could be downright brutal if you're exercising outside!
- "Cinema" by Benny Benassi – the Skirllex remix (144 bpm) – This song is just pure fun with an upbeat vibe. It's perfect to keep you motivated at the peak of your workout in the fall.