A great drink on the 4th or July or anytime!
Wild and Free Blueberry Coconut Smoothie
- Wild organic blueberries-frozen
- Raw coconut water
- Coconut meat
- 2 scoops VeganSmart Vanilla
- Mesquite powder
- Topped with strawberries and shredded unsweetened coconut
Like this recipe? Try Brittany’s recipe for: Mini Peanut Butter Brownie Pie
These vegan, peanut butter brownie cheesecake cupcakes will be an instant hit for dessert. Here’s what you’ll need to whip up some of your own!
Related: 5 Tips for Better Sleep
2/3 c Vanilla VeganSmart
2/3 c almond meal
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c + 1 Tb. coconut oil
Mix these together in a bowl and press into 10 lined cupcake molds. Bake for 12 minutes at 350 F or until golden. Let them cool for 5 minutes and add a dollup of salted peanut butter on top of the crust.
1 can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
1/4 c Chocolate VeganSmart
1/3 c raw cacao powder
1/2 c apple sauce or apple sauce blend with carrot
1/2 c shredded grey or yellow zucchini squash
1/3 c coconut oil
1 packet of instant coffee or 2 tsp. instant coffee powder
1 tsp. baking powder
Blend everything in NutriBullet (or high speed blender/food processor). Pour evenly over crust and sprinkle with vegan chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Mini Chips). Bake 25 minutes or until desired doneness.
Some of us just don’t have a lot of time to ourselves in the morning. Fortunately, a blender helps to speed things up. Never miss breakfast again with this healthy breakfast smoothie.
Related: 21-Day VeganSmart Eat Smart Cleanse
This green smoothie is packed with heart-healthy fiber, a serving of veggies and the mango in the smoothie provide you with vitamins B, C and beta carotene. But one of the most powerful ingredients in this smoothie, hemp seeds. These seeds pack a punch of omega fatty acids, 9 essential amino acids and are a great source of protein for vegans.
Add hemp seeds to all of your breakfast smoothies to help keep you energized all morning long. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 scoops Vanilla VeganSmart
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 handfuls of organic baby spinach
- 1/2 mango, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 4 ice cubes
More: 5 Tips for Better Sleep
These cookies are moist, sweet, double chocolate, chewy and high in protein. Just like any regular chocolate chip cookie, just without the guilt and these will be any chocolate lovers dream.
- 1/2 large avocado
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 2 scoops chocolate VeganSmart
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mash together avocado and bananas. Add protein, cacao, dark chocolate chips, rolled oats and mix.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, drop tablespoon of batter on sheet, flattening it with the back of the spoon. Bake 10-14 minutes.
Like Brittany’s recipe? Try her recipe for VeganSmart Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Recipe.
My favorite way to boost my endurance as well as start my day off right is to make a vegan protein smoothie! Now, it varies day to day with what I’m craving, but today is a special day, requiring special nourishment because tomorrow I’ll be embarking on a 200 mile relay race! Today I made a mango pitaya smoothie! Here’s what you’ll need:
Related: How to Build The Perfect Smoothie
- VeganSmart Vanilla
- Flax milk
It’s such a nutritional powerhouse with so many vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. With this kind of breakfast, nothing can stop me!
Like this recipe? Try Brittany’s Guilt-Free, Gluten-Free and Vegan Pancake Recipe!
Need to make the perfect smoothie? It’s easy! Follow these five simple steps for a powerhouse nutritional smoothie:
Add fruit: Choose at least 2 types of fruit- fresh or frozen. And make it green, adding vegetables such as kale, spinach and more!
Choose a base: Add 1-2 cups of liquid. The more juice your fruits and veggies produce, the less liquid you’ll need. Try coconut water, water or milk.
Thicken up: Thicken up your smoothie to get the right consistency and creaminess while making it more nutritious with things like oats, yogurt/kefir or just ice.
Flavor: Add some flavor with spices, herbs or sweeteners like honey, vanilla extract or cinnamon.
Power Boost: Take your smoothie up another level with some superfoods. Add two scoops of our VeganSmart, chia seeds and Goji Berries.
Try this recipe:
- 1 cup kale
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 1/4 coconut water
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 2 scoops Vanilla VeganSmart
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
This recipe is absolutely to die for with no guilt whatsoever! It’s an easy and delicious treat to whip up on Easter morning to impress your friends and family regardless if they’re vegan or not!
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup organic raw clear agave
- 1 Tb. organic unrefined coconut oil
- dash of Himalayan salt
Chocolate Cacao Mousse:
- 2 large avocados, mashed
- 1/4 cup organic raw clear agave
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 stevia packet
- 1/2 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 1 1/2 Tb. organic vanilla extract
- 2 Tb. organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1 can of reduced fat (or “light”) coconut milk
- 1 scoop Chocolate VeganSmart
Ideally, it would be nice to do this in a food processor, but because I don’t have one, I used my NutriBullet which worked just fine. Just use whatever you have on hand. Additionally, if possible, use as many organic ingredients as you can!
- For the crust, combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender until everything is combined. Press this mixture into an 8×8 dish or divide it into individual mini mason jars for portion control and easy access.
- For the mousse, peel and cut the avocados. combine all of the ingredients in the food processor or high-speed blender (after you’ve cleaned it out, of course) and blend until everything is light and fluffy. Spread the mousse on top of your coconut crust.
- Top with additional shredded coconut and chopped dark chocolate. Other options include goji berries for added antioxidant power or hemp seeds for even more omega-3s.
- Cover and chill the pie for 3-6 hours.
After that, it’s all yours! Have at it and enjoy!
Like this recipe? Try these delicious Guilt-Free: Gluten-Free and Vegan Pancakes
It can be really hard to go out for brunch with your friends knowing that you won’t be able to get a huge stack of pancakes, or French toast, or just about any other sweet breakfast dishes, but don’t be discouraged! Try inviting your friends over for brunch and find some recipes online to try out!
My favorite pancake recipe is from One Ingredient Chef. These pancakes will fool anyone into thinking they’re just as decadent as their non-vegan counterpart! They’re gluten-free, vegan, guilt free, and not to mention delicious! Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
First make your flax “egg” by combining 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 2.5 tablespoons of water. Whisk these together in a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
Now it’s on to make the batter.Mix the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, make your “buttermilk” by combining your almond milk and vinegar. Then add the melted coconut oil, vanilla, and finally your flax egg. Whisk vigorously to combine.
Finally, pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir together. Since there is no gluten, whisk thoroughly until no lumps remain.
The pan should be very hot to ensure maximum fluffiness. Add a drop of oil to your pan. Drop your batter into the pan and wait until you see bubbles forming on top. Then flip then and wait another 90 seconds.
Top with anything you like, from fruit or berries, to earth balance and maple syrup.
If you love chocolate, then this decadent raw “Ferrero Rocher” styled shake will satisfy your sweet tooth. Here’s what you’ll need:
Related: Vegan Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 2 tbsp. Navitas Raw Cocoa
- 2 scoops Chocolate Total Soy
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. hazelnut butter
- 3 ice cubes
Our Total Soy can help you reduce cholesterol. Over 40 clinical studies on Soy Protein and cholesterol reduction led the Food & Drug Administration to declare that “25 grams of Soy Protein daily, in a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.” Just one delicious 8 oz. shake with our Total Soy supplies more than half of the suggested amount of Soy Protein daily.
Perfect for a post-workout drink or a late-night snack, this delicious and decadent vegan vanilla chai shake is packed with tons of protein for a guilt-free delight!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 or more cups of Flax Milk (depending on how you like the consistency of your shakes)
- 1 scoop of Vanilla VeganSmart
- 1 scoop of Chai VeganSmart
- A few ice cubes
Blend it all up and top it off with cinnamon for an extra boost of taste and healthy antioxidants.