If you're trying to pack in the protein to build lean muscle, you don't have to eat only salmon, chicken and other meats. Aside from the prep work to make your high-protein meals tasty, you might actually be craving something sweet. So, skip dinner altogether and go straight to dessert. Here's our recipe for a sumptuous, high-protein, almost-healthy cheesecake to get your sweet fix while staying on track with your diet plan:
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon date paste or nut butter
- 1/2 cup of fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup VeganSmart All-in-One Nutritional Shake (vanilla)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup milk, any kind
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- Fruit toppings, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and prepare a 9-inch spring form cake pan by lining it with parchment paper, or use 10 liners in a cupcake tin for miniature cheesecakes.
- Combine the almond meal, almond milk and date paste in a bowl. Use a spoon to press the crust mixture into the cake pan or lined tins.
- In a mixer, blend the cream cheese, cottage cheese and milk until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes, and then add the eggs.
- Blend in the VeganSmart All-in-One Nutritional Shake (vanilla) and sweetener until the mixture is silky smooth. Mix all ingredients for about 1 minute.
- Pour the filling into the pan and bake the cheesecake for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- The cheesecake is done when the top looks set but it jiggles a bit in the middle. Don't worry – it will set as it cools!
- After it rests, serve with your favorite whipped cream and berries or other fruits.