High Protein Desserts
A winning combination of flavors comes alive in this recipe from our SuperFan Jaclyn. Oats, pumpkin, and cranberries, makes these muffins the perfect healthy fall treat. Just like Jaclyn’s friends your guests will never know that these delicious muffins are loaded with protein, healthy carbs and are low in sugar! Here’s what you’ll need:
In honor of cooler weather and the start of a new season our SuperFan, Kristy had to come up with this super fueling recipe for pumpkin muffins. To create some variety, she topped half of hers with cinnamon vanilla protein icing and mixed chocolate chips in the other half. Here’s what you’ll need:
Whether it’s fueling up before hitting the gym or that midday snack you need to get over the 3 p.m blues, a healthy snack high in protein is just what you need to keep on going. The perfect way to get longer-lasting energy. Here’s a recipe from our SuperFan Jaclyn for the perfect peanut butter cup:
- 3/4 C Organic Peanut Butter
- 4 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 5 Tbsp. Agave Nectar
- 1/4 +2 Tbsp. Chocolate Pea Protein
- 3-4 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- Bottom: Take 3/4 C of organic peanut butter, 2 Tbsp. of coconut oil, 2 Tbsp. agave nectar and mix this really well. Then take this mix and fill muffin pans half way and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Top: Take 1/4 + 2 Tbsp. of Chocolate Pea Protein, 3-4 Tbsp. of chia seeds, 3 Tbsp. agave nectar and 2 Tbsp. of coconut oil and mix. Add this mix to fill the rest of the muffin pan. Freeze again for 15 minutes. Then EAT.
The best kind of cookies are those that you can eat in the morning with no guilt whatsoever – the breakfast cookie, if you will. And we have a great recipe for tasty breakfast cookies that are high in protein and have some fiber too. Check them out:
Cherry, walnut and almond breakfast cookies
- 1/2 cup pastry flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop Naturade 100% Whey, Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Blend the wet ingredients in a separate bowl with a whisk.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir well.
- Add the cherries.
- Drop the dough onto the baking sheeting in large tablespoonfuls.
- Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes – make sure they're barely browned and still soft to the touch.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking tray for 2 to 3 minutes before transferring to aluminum foil or a cooling rack.
If you're trying to pack in the protein to build lean muscle, you don't have to eat only salmon, chicken and other meats. Aside from the prep work to make your high-protein meals tasty, you might actually be craving something sweet. So, skip dinner altogether and go straight to dessert. Here's our recipe for a sumptuous, high-protein, almost-healthy cheesecake to get your sweet fix while staying on track with your diet plan:
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon date paste or nut butter
- 1/2 cup of fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup VeganSmart All-in-One Nutritional Shake (vanilla)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup milk, any kind
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- Fruit toppings, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and prepare a 9-inch spring form cake pan by lining it with parchment paper, or use 10 liners in a cupcake tin for miniature cheesecakes.
- Combine the almond meal, almond milk and date paste in a bowl. Use a spoon to press the crust mixture into the cake pan or lined tins.
- In a mixer, blend the cream cheese, cottage cheese and milk until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes, and then add the eggs.
- Blend in the VeganSmart All-in-One Nutritional Shake (vanilla) and sweetener until the mixture is silky smooth. Mix all ingredients for about 1 minute.
- Pour the filling into the pan and bake the cheesecake for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- The cheesecake is done when the top looks set but it jiggles a bit in the middle. Don't worry – it will set as it cools!
- After it rests, serve with your favorite whipped cream and berries or other fruits.
Total Soy Best Recipe Contest
Second Prize Winner
Submitted by A. Parsons of Parkersburg, WV
1/4 cup cold water, ice cold, 3/4 cup ice cubes, 2/3 cup peeled cucumber, seedless, 2/3 cup honeydew melon, Zest of half an orange, 1/8 cup fresh mint, 3 scoops Naturade Total Soy Vanilla Flavored Meal Replacement Mix. In blender or smoothie maker, combine water, ice cubes, cucumber, melon, orange zest, and mint and blend. Halfway through blending mix in two scoops of vanilla flavored Shake Mix. Process until very smooth. Garnish serving glass with additional orange zest curls, orange slices, cucumber slices or honeydew slices. Enjoy!