Protein is a commonly heard word when it comes to bulking up and shedding pounds. While protein can be found in an abundance of foods, it’s easy to get your daily dose via protein powder. It’s easy to make a quick post-workout meal replacement shake that is going to help your body recover from the workout, boost your immune system, stabilize your blood sugar and make you feel full.
But when you think about ingesting protein, losing weight and toning your muscles, the last things that you would be thinking about are probably dessert, chocolate, sweets and so on. But with that magical ingredient called protein powder, you can whip up a treat that will promote muscle growth and satisfy your sweet tooth without leaving you feeling guilty. Get ready to bookmark this recipe adapted from the blog ProteinPowder:
Chocolate Protein Filled Dark Chocolate Protein Cups
⅛ cup Naturade Total Soy – Chocolate protein powder
⅛ cup of chocolate hemp protein powder (optional)
1 tablespoon hulled hemp seeds (or any nut you prefer)
1 tablespoon 100 percent cocoa powder
1 tablespoon coconut flour (or ground almonds)
4 squares of 90 percent chocolate
¼ cup milk
1. Grab a pot and a glass bowl. Melt two squares of chocolate in the glass bowl sitting on the pot with boiling water.
2. Once the chocolate has melted, divide it into four muffin cases, moving it around so there’s chocolate on the bottom and sides. Pop this in the freezer for 10 minutes.
3. Make the filling by mixing all of the remaining ingredients together. The final finished product should be a creamy mixture. Feel free to get creative here by adding some hand-picked ingredients like chili powder, brandy, orange peel or peanut butter. Feel free to add anything you think would go great in your chocolate treat.
4. Take the muffin cases out of the freezer and fill them with the mixture you’ve created, pressing this down to help create shape.
5. Melt the other two squares of chocolate over the muffin cases and filling. Stick them back in the freezer for 10 minutes, and there you have it! Enjoy.