Ultra T Gold™ by Ageless Foundation Laboratories has been formulated based on extensive scientific research and clinical studies. One of the primary ingredients, Testofen®, is an all natural ingredient that has been the subject of two separate, double-blind, placebo controlled studies showing how it increases free testosterone (with exercise) and boosts libido. Ultra T Gold™ also contains a proprietary Male Wellness blend of L-Arginine and beneficial herbs such as Saw Palmetto, Astralagus, Tribulus and Asian Ginseng which support male health and overall well-being.* Below are some of the actual studies behind the ingredients in Ultra T Gold™.
Testofen™ – Fenugreek Extract Standardised for 50% Fenuside
Fenugreek is a well-known herb, containing a variety of compounds as active ingredients. It is an extremely versatile herb with multiple applications. This amazing herb is said to contain more than a 100 phytochemical constituents. Amongst them are a lot of Furostanol Saponins and Steroidal Saponins.
Testofen™ helps promote healthy Testosterone levels. In addition, it seems to act like Testosterone to promote libido. The following are clinical studies done on Testofen™:
1.- Human Clinical Study for Free Testosterone and Muscle Mass Boosting:
This study was conducted in 2008 on 60 healthy men and was placebo-controlled and double-blind. Half of the group took 600mg of Testofen per day and the other half took 600mg of a placebo. Both groups also participated in resistance training exercises throughout the eight week study. The primary findings were as follows:
- Testofen group experienced a significant increase in Free Testosterone (p<0.05) compared to the Placebo group.
- Testofen group TESTOFEN® group demonstrated significant anabolic activity as evidenced by BUN reduction (p<0.05) compared to the Placebo group.
- Testofen group has not only compensated the loss of Immunity typically associated with exercise compared to Placebo (p<0.003) and also increased immunity.
- Testofen group showed significant reduction in Serum Creatinine levels (p<0.02) compared to Placebo group signifying Creatine uptake and recycle in muscle cells.
- Testofen group showed a significant increase in Prolactin compared to Placebo (p<0.04). However this increase is within Physiological limits for men.
- Testofen group showed a significant decrease in body fat compared to baseline.
- Testofen group maintained Muscle size despite maintaining weight and reducing fat.
Read the study:
2.- Clinical Study for Improvement of Male Sexual Function:
This study was conducted in 2009 on 60 health adult men and was placebo-controlled and double-blind. Half of the group took 600mg of Testofen per day along with some other basic minerals including Magnesium, Zinc and Vitamin B6 and the other took placebo. This study involved no exercise regimen. The primary findings were as follows:
- Testofen has an overall positive effect on sexual function, performance, and satisfaction (libido) in healthy adult males.
- Testofen has a positive effect, on sexual cognition, sexual arousal increases sexual activity and satisfaction with orgasm in healthy adult males.
- Testofen has a positive effect on frequency of sexual activity.
- Testofen has a positive effect on muscle, strength, energy and wellbeing in healthy adult males.
- Testofen does not have an effect on mood and sleep in healthy adult males.
- Prolactin levels and Testosterone levels remained within healthy reference range after 6 weeks of treatment demonstrating that Testofen is safe to use in healthy men to support libido function.
- Testofen may help to maintain healthy testosterone levels.
- Testofen was well tolerated and has no adverse effects when taken as directed over 6 weeks.
The results of this study were also published in a peer-reviewed journal, Phytotherapy Research in 2010.
- Urmila Aswar et.atl, Effect of Furostanol Glycosides from Trigonella foenum –graecum on the reproductive system of Male Albino Rats. Phytother. Res. 24: 1482–1488 (2010)
- Effect of TESTOFEN on safety, anabolic activity and factors affecting Exercise Physiology. Wankhede et. al. To be published.
Research on the effectiveness of some of the main nutrients in Ultra T Gold™:
- L-arginine is converted in the body into a chemical called nitric oxide. Nitric oxide causes blood vessels to open wider for improved blood flow. L-arginine also stimulates the release of growth hormone, insulin, and other substances in the body. Read more>
- Saw palmetto is best known for its use in decreasing symptoms of an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hypertrophy, BPH). According to many research studies, it is effective for this use. Read more>
- Tribulus is a plant that produces fruit covered with spines and is connected with many male health issues. Read more>
- Asian Ginseng is used for improving thinking, concentration, memory and work efficiency, physical stamina, and athletic endurance. Read more>
- Astralagus Root is known to assist blood circulation and increase energy in the body. Read more>
- Phytosterol (40% Beta Sitosterol) supports prostate health and supports cardiovascular health. Read more>
Testofen® and fenusides are a registered trademark of Gencor Nutrients.
Naturade®, a leading brand in the natural products channel for more than 84 years, is proud to announce the introduction of Vitali-T-Aid™, a drug-free natural testosterone booster when used with resistance training.
When used with resistance training, Vitali-T-Aid™ is a solution for boosting free testosterone levels and increasing libido.* The natural, plant based, key ingredient in Vitali-T-Aid™ was shown in two double-blind, placebo-controlled, human clinical studies to be a safe and effective way to significantly increase free testosterone levels when used with resistance training and, as reported by study participants, improve libido. Additional findings include improved muscle mass with resistance training.*
Vitali-T-Aid was formulated to help combat the negative symptoms of androgen (testosterone) decline in the aging male, or what some people call low testosterone. Most men start experiencing a decline in both testosterone and free testosterone levels in their late 30s and these levels continue to decline by 1% – 3% per year thereafter. By age 60, 20% of men will have significantly lowered testosterone levels which may impact libido, muscle mass and other areas.
“The active ingredient in Vitali-T-Aid T-Aid™ was shown to increase free testosterone when used with resistance training. Each daily dose of Vitali-T-Aid™ also contains a proprietary Male Enhancement Blend of L-Arginine and beneficial herbs, such as Saw Palmetto, Astragalus, Tribulus and Asian Ginseng, to help support enhanced male health and well-being.* Vitali-T-Aid™ by Naturade® is a solution for increasing free testosterone levels and muscle mass with resistance training, and, as was reported by study participants, promoting healthy libido*. We are very proud to offer a science-based efficacious product that addresses a serious condition that millions of men suffer from,” said Rick Robinette, the CEO of Naturade.
Vitali-T-Aid™ is being launched with a multi-million dollar direct response television and print advertising campaign and is also available at www.vitalitaid.com
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Healthy individuals should start by cutting 500-1,000 calories from their daily caloric intake to jump start their weight loss regime. You can do so by following a sensible meal plan that includes Naturade Total Soy:
Sample Meal Plan:
Breakfast: Mix 36 g (2 scoops) Naturade Total Soy with 8 oz. cold water or your favorite beverage of choice
Snack: 1 cup low fat yogurt with fruit
Lunch: Mix 36 g (2 scoops) Naturade Total Soy with 8 oz. cold water or your favorite beverage of choice, plus 1/2 banana or 1/2 cup of your favorite fruit
Snack: 1 cup raw vegetables, like carrots or celery 2 tbsp protein, such as hummus or peanut butter
Dinner: 2-4 oz lean meat or fish, 1/2 cup steamed vegetables, 1 starch (such as 1 oz slice whole wheat bread or 1/2 cup cooked potatoes or 1/3 cup cooked rice)
Be sure to drink at least eight 8 oz. glasses of water per day and get 30-60 minutes of exercise at least 4 days per week.
The key to success starts by making modifications to your diet to ensure you are eating right. Start by cutting out foods that add unnecessary and hollow calories to your diet, and increasing consumption of Soy Protein and Fiber. This is easier to do than you may think when you follow the Naturade Total Soy 4 Easy Steps® plan.
(Orange, CA) October 9, 2009 – Naturade has announced it has introduced Alcohol-Free EXPEC,® an all natural, cherry flavored, non-drowsy, herbal alcohol-free expectorant, to its line of cough and cold remedies.
Alcohol Free EXPEC® is formulated with herbs and Guaifenesin, an all natural active ingredient derived from the Guaiac tree. Guaifenesin is a highly effective and safe expectorant that helps loosen mucus and clear bronchial passages.
Alcohol Free EXPEC®, available in 4.2 and 8.8 fluid ounces, will initially be distributed through health and natural food stores nationwide. Suggested retail price is $7.79 and $12.49 respectively.
Other Naturade expectorants include cherry flavored Herbal EXPEC®, Sugar Free EXPEC® and Children’s EXPEC®. The herbal cough and cold line also includes Naturade® Saline & Aloe Nasal Spray.
Headquartered in Orange, CA, Naturade is well-known for its commitment to improving the health and well-being of consumers with innovative, natural products since 1926. The company focuses on building consumer-recognizable brands backed by strong science and making them widely available through health food stores, natural supermarkets and other retail channels throughout the U.S.
New research determines that dietary supplements rich in isoflavones may improve the function of arteries in stroke patients
A dietary supplement rich in isoflavones may improve the function of arteries in stroke patients, according to new research from Hong Kong.
The study is said to be the first randomized controlled trial investigating the effects of isoflavone supplements on improving the blood flow in the arm’s main artery in cardiovascular disease patients.
A daily 80 mg dose of isoflavones was associated with a one per cent increase in flow-mediated dilation (FMD), the measure of a blood vessel’s healthy ability to relax, according to findings published today in the European Heart Journal.
“Although the absolute increase in brachial diameter – one per cent – is small, the relative increase actually amounted to about 50 per cent because the mean average FMD in these stroke patients was about two per cent,” explained lead researcher Professor Hung-Fat Tse.
“These findings may have important implications for the use of isoflavone for secondary prevention in patients with cardiovascular disease, on top of conventional treatments,” wrote the authors in their EHJ paper.
Isoflavones from soy have been shown to provide a number of health benefits, including the promotion of heart health and the maintenance of bone health in post-menopausal women.
They have also been studied for their role in cancer prevention and slowing down the ageing process in peri-menopausal women, and isoflavone-rich supplements have proved to be a popular alternative to HRT for those wishing to control menopause symptoms without resorting to drugs.
Professor Tse and his co-workers from the University of Hong Kong recruited 102 stroke patients and randomly assigned 50 to receive daily isoflavone supplements (), and 52 to receive placebo, for 12 weeks.
“The specific dosage of 80 mg/day was chosen because previous studies have shown that isoflavone at this dosage was well tolerated by both men and women without significant side effects,” explained the researchers.
Ultrasound techniques were used to measure FMD at the start and end of the study. At the start, 80 per cent of the patients had an impaired FMD, defined as relaxation of less than 3.7 per cent. At the end of the 12 weeks, however, the patients receiving the isoflavone supplements experienced an improvement of one per cent, compared with the controls.
Moreover, the prevalence of impaired FMD after 12 weeks was only 58 per cent in the isoflavone group, compared to 79 per cent in the placebo group.
“The patients who had a lower initial FMD were found, in general, to respond with a larger absolute increase in FMD after receiving 12 weeks of isoflavone intervention, compared to patients who had a better baseline FMD in the first place,” said Prof Tse.
“These findings suggest that isoflavone reverses endothelial dysfunction in this group of patients with cardiovascular disease. This has important clinical implications, as the benefit of the [intervention] is conferred to the group of patients with the highest risks for cardiovascular events, and this effect persists, even at this rather late stage of the cardiovascular continuum.”
Supplementation with isoflavones was also associated with decreases in the levels of a protein called high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (CRP). This protein is a marker of inflammation and is reported to be an independent predictor of cardiovascular-related events.
“These findings suggested that isoflavone[s] alleviated vascular inflammatory stress and was an important component that mediated the reversal of endothelial dysfunction in this group of patients,” wrote the authors.
The mechanism by which the soy compounds is not totally understood, said Professor Tse. However, the anti-inflammatory effects may be related to the weak oestrogenic effect of the isoflavones. The female hormone oestrogen is known to protect against heart disease, said the researchers.
Despite the promising results of this clinical trial, the researchers stressed that it was too early to make any recommendations in this area.
“At this juncture, regular isoflavone supplement might not be advocated since the benefits and side effects of long-term supplementation are still unknown,” said Professor Tse.
“A balanced diet is still the top priority in promoting health. Diets with higher soy content might be beneficial due to the isoflavone contents. These food products also, in general, have higher contents of polyunsaturated fats, fibre, vitamins and less saturated fat.”