The randomized, double blind, placebo controlled study tested sexual function, performance, and libido levels in 60 healthy men aged between 21 and 50 years over a 6 week period. The results showed Testofen, one of the key ingredients in Vitali-T-Aid, produced a significant positive change in all parameters of libido. These results were recently published in Phytotherapy Research, a monthly international journal for medicinal plant research (2011; DOI: 10.1002/ptr.3360).
Vitali-T-Aid component Testofen, a standardized Trigonellafoenum-graecum (Fenugreek) extract and mineral formulation, demonstrated a significant positive effect on physiological aspects of male libido and may assist to maintain normal healthy testosterone levels. Researchers Elizabeth Steels and Amanda Rao from Applied Science and Nutrition Pty Ltd and Luis Vitetta from The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, recruited 60 healthy males aged between 25 and 52, without erectile dysfunction (ED) and randomized them to an oral dose (two tablets per day) of either 600 mg/d Testofen or a placebo for six weeks. The primary outcome measure was the DIS-SR (male) self-administered QOL total score and the four domain scores. The secondary outcome was specific quality of life parameters. The same 600mg dosage equals the amount of Testofen in one serving of Vitali-T-Aid. Each daily dose of Vitali-T-Aid also contains a proprietary Male Enhancement Blend of L-Arginine and beneficial herbs, such as Saw Palmetto, Astragalus, Tribulus and Asian Ginseng, to help support enhanced male health and well-being.
One of the key ingredients in Vitali-T-Aid demonstrated an overall positive effect on physiological aspects of libido. In particular, there was a significant increase in sexual arousal and orgasm. Testofen had a positive effect on QOL in self-reported satisfaction with muscle strength, energy and well-being, but did not have an effect on mood or sleep. Serum prolactin and testosterone levels remained within the reference range.
Vitali-T-Aid, a new supplement from Naturade, naturally increases free testosterone levels. In clinical studies on the key studied ingredient, Testofen, free testosterone levels in test subjects were shown to increase by over 98% along with exercise. Testofen acts like testosterone by binding to the testosterone receptor sites and creating testosterone-like activity in the body, thereby supporting healthy free testosterone levels. Studies show that Vitali-T-Aid by Naturade is a natural solution for increasing free testosterone levels and promoting healthy libido, immune function and muscle mass. Vitali-T-Aid natural testosterone booster can be purchased on http://www.vitalitaid.com.
Ultra T Gold™ by Ageless Foundation Laboratories has been formulated based on extensive scientific research and clinical studies. One of the primary ingredients, Testofen®, is an all natural ingredient that has been the subject of two separate, double-blind, placebo controlled studies showing how it increases free testosterone (with exercise) and boosts libido. Ultra T Gold™ also contains a proprietary Male Wellness blend of L-Arginine and beneficial herbs such as Saw Palmetto, Astralagus, Tribulus and Asian Ginseng which support male health and overall well-being.* Below are some of the actual studies behind the ingredients in Ultra T Gold™.
Testofen™ – Fenugreek Extract Standardised for 50% Fenuside
Fenugreek is a well-known herb, containing a variety of compounds as active ingredients. It is an extremely versatile herb with multiple applications. This amazing herb is said to contain more than a 100 phytochemical constituents. Amongst them are a lot of Furostanol Saponins and Steroidal Saponins.
Testofen™ helps promote healthy Testosterone levels. In addition, it seems to act like Testosterone to promote libido. The following are clinical studies done on Testofen™:
1.- Human Clinical Study for Free Testosterone and Muscle Mass Boosting:
This study was conducted in 2008 on 60 healthy men and was placebo-controlled and double-blind. Half of the group took 600mg of Testofen per day and the other half took 600mg of a placebo. Both groups also participated in resistance training exercises throughout the eight week study. The primary findings were as follows:
- Testofen group experienced a significant increase in Free Testosterone (p<0.05) compared to the Placebo group.
- Testofen group TESTOFEN® group demonstrated significant anabolic activity as evidenced by BUN reduction (p<0.05) compared to the Placebo group.
- Testofen group has not only compensated the loss of Immunity typically associated with exercise compared to Placebo (p<0.003) and also increased immunity.
- Testofen group showed significant reduction in Serum Creatinine levels (p<0.02) compared to Placebo group signifying Creatine uptake and recycle in muscle cells.
- Testofen group showed a significant increase in Prolactin compared to Placebo (p<0.04). However this increase is within Physiological limits for men.
- Testofen group showed a significant decrease in body fat compared to baseline.
- Testofen group maintained Muscle size despite maintaining weight and reducing fat.
Read the study:
2.- Clinical Study for Improvement of Male Sexual Function:
This study was conducted in 2009 on 60 health adult men and was placebo-controlled and double-blind. Half of the group took 600mg of Testofen per day along with some other basic minerals including Magnesium, Zinc and Vitamin B6 and the other took placebo. This study involved no exercise regimen. The primary findings were as follows:
- Testofen has an overall positive effect on sexual function, performance, and satisfaction (libido) in healthy adult males.
- Testofen has a positive effect, on sexual cognition, sexual arousal increases sexual activity and satisfaction with orgasm in healthy adult males.
- Testofen has a positive effect on frequency of sexual activity.
- Testofen has a positive effect on muscle, strength, energy and wellbeing in healthy adult males.
- Testofen does not have an effect on mood and sleep in healthy adult males.
- Prolactin levels and Testosterone levels remained within healthy reference range after 6 weeks of treatment demonstrating that Testofen is safe to use in healthy men to support libido function.
- Testofen may help to maintain healthy testosterone levels.
- Testofen was well tolerated and has no adverse effects when taken as directed over 6 weeks.
The results of this study were also published in a peer-reviewed journal, Phytotherapy Research in 2010.
- Urmila Aswar et.atl, Effect of Furostanol Glycosides from Trigonella foenum –graecum on the reproductive system of Male Albino Rats. Phytother. Res. 24: 1482–1488 (2010)
- Effect of TESTOFEN on safety, anabolic activity and factors affecting Exercise Physiology. Wankhede et. al. To be published.
Research on the effectiveness of some of the main nutrients in Ultra T Gold™:
- L-arginine is converted in the body into a chemical called nitric oxide. Nitric oxide causes blood vessels to open wider for improved blood flow. L-arginine also stimulates the release of growth hormone, insulin, and other substances in the body. Read more>
- Saw palmetto is best known for its use in decreasing symptoms of an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hypertrophy, BPH). According to many research studies, it is effective for this use. Read more>
- Tribulus is a plant that produces fruit covered with spines and is connected with many male health issues. Read more>
- Asian Ginseng is used for improving thinking, concentration, memory and work efficiency, physical stamina, and athletic endurance. Read more>
- Astralagus Root is known to assist blood circulation and increase energy in the body. Read more>
- Phytosterol (40% Beta Sitosterol) supports prostate health and supports cardiovascular health. Read more>
Testofen® and fenusides are a registered trademark of Gencor Nutrients.
Naturade®, a leading brand in the natural products channel for more than 84 years, is proud to announce the introduction of Vitali-T-Aid™, a drug-free natural testosterone booster when used with resistance training.
When used with resistance training, Vitali-T-Aid™ is a solution for boosting free testosterone levels and increasing libido.* The natural, plant based, key ingredient in Vitali-T-Aid™ was shown in two double-blind, placebo-controlled, human clinical studies to be a safe and effective way to significantly increase free testosterone levels when used with resistance training and, as reported by study participants, improve libido. Additional findings include improved muscle mass with resistance training.*
Vitali-T-Aid was formulated to help combat the negative symptoms of androgen (testosterone) decline in the aging male, or what some people call low testosterone. Most men start experiencing a decline in both testosterone and free testosterone levels in their late 30s and these levels continue to decline by 1% – 3% per year thereafter. By age 60, 20% of men will have significantly lowered testosterone levels which may impact libido, muscle mass and other areas.
“The active ingredient in Vitali-T-Aid T-Aid™ was shown to increase free testosterone when used with resistance training. Each daily dose of Vitali-T-Aid™ also contains a proprietary Male Enhancement Blend of L-Arginine and beneficial herbs, such as Saw Palmetto, Astragalus, Tribulus and Asian Ginseng, to help support enhanced male health and well-being.* Vitali-T-Aid™ by Naturade® is a solution for increasing free testosterone levels and muscle mass with resistance training, and, as was reported by study participants, promoting healthy libido*. We are very proud to offer a science-based efficacious product that addresses a serious condition that millions of men suffer from,” said Rick Robinette, the CEO of Naturade.
Vitali-T-Aid™ is being launched with a multi-million dollar direct response television and print advertising campaign and is also available at www.vitalitaid.com
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.