If everyone used the excuse that they're just too busy to work out, no one would be fit. The truth is, we all have many commitments. Of course you're not going to have time for a 5-mile run, 20-mile bike ride or long lifting session at the gym everyday, especially when factoring in the time it takes to get ready, drive to the gym, workout, cool down and shower. We all have too many commitments and responsibilities. But aside from being good for our physical health, exercise is often also an important factor in self-esteem and happiness levels. If you have time to watch your favorite television show for an hour every Monday night, then you definitely have time for a quick 15- or 20-minute workout. Here's a short but serious exercise routine that you can do every morning before hopping in the shower and heading off to work:
This core workout will make you feel the burn with only 15 minutes of exercise! Do the circuit three times, but make sure to rest for one minute between each round.
- 20 crunches: Raise legs and bend at the knees so lower legs are parallel to the floor.
- Leg raise: Lay on your back with your hands under your butt, palms down on the mat. Raise your feet 6 inches off the ground and hold for 30 seconds.
- Scissors: Keep the same position as above but raise one leg 6 inches higher than the other. Alternate your legs in a scissors motion for 30 seconds, making sure they don't touch the ground.
- Plank: Flip over and hold the plank position for 30 seconds. In the next two repetitions of this circuit, do a side plank on your left and then right sides.
- Bicycles: Finish the routine off with 30 bicycle-style crunches, adopting the basic crunch position but alternating touching the elbows to the opposite knees for each repetition.