The holiday season isn’t complete without gingerbread flavored treats! As children we favored building houses out of gingerbread, now let’s try making granola. Stay healthy and festive with a special Gingerbread Granola with VeganSmart Chai recipe!
Suggested: VeganSmart Hot Apple Cider
4 Cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 Cups of raw pecans
1 Teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
1/2 Scoop of VeganSmart Chai
1/2 Teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon of ground ginger
1/2 Cup of melted coconut oil
1/2 Cup Molasses
3/4 Teaspoon of vanilla
1/3 Cup of chopped, dried cranberries
1/3 Cup of chopped candied ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a half-sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, pecans, salt, VeganSmart Chai, cinnamon, and ground ginger into a mixing bowl. Stir mixture thoroughly.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla to the mixture. Continue to mix together until fully combined.
- Turn the granola mixture out onto your prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the granola from the oven and stir to make sure the granola cooks evenly. Place the pan back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- While the granola cooks, chop the dried cranberries and candied ginger.
- After 10 minutes is up, remove the pan from the oven, add the chopped cranberries and candied ginger to the granola and mix to combine.
- Let the granola cool for about 10 minutes before eating. As the granola cools off, it will continue to cook and may be wet at first, this is normal.
Enjoy gingerbread granola on the go or around the house as you celebrate the holidays this season!
Read More: 4 Detoxifying Foods