Looking for ways to switch up your lunch game? VeganSmart crew member, Karli Manson, has the answer for you! Try her roasted sweet potato and quinoa salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing next time you are looking for a change of pace during lunch.
Suggested: Zucchini with Corn and Cilantro Salad
1 small sweet potato, unpeeled, diced into bite-sized pieces
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup of quinoa
1/2 cup of black beans
1/4 red pepper, diced
2 cups of your choice of greens
1 tablespoon of dried cranberries
1 tablespoon of salted sunflower seeds
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
1/4 cup of mango, fresh or frozen
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons of water
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place the diced sweet potatoes in a bowl, add the olive oil, and stir to coat. Sprinkle with a touch of salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a pan, and roast for 20 or so minutes, stirring a couple times, until the potatoes are soft.
- Place the quinoa and half a cup of water in a covered pot on high. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid is all soaked up and the quinoa is tender.
- Puree the mango with the balsamic vinegar and water, and set aside.
- Allow the roasted potatoes and quinoa to cool to room temperature.
- Start layering the salad in a jar beginning with the black beans. Add the cooked quinoa, and pour the mango balsamic vinaigrette on top.
- Top with diced red pepper, greens, roasted sweet potatoes, dried cranberries, and sunflower seeds.
- Screw top on securely, and store in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to eat, give the jar a good shake to mix everything up and enjoy!
Read More: Brandi Austin’s VeganSmart Pancakes