The transition into a plant-based diet isn’t always an easy one. Finding recipes that work for you and your tastes can be difficult, but Karli Manson has shared some recipe wisdom! Try her three bean chili with spring pesto for your next vegan dinner!
Suggested: Vegan Spicy Black Bean Burritos
1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
1 small yellow onion, chopped
2 carrots, diced
1 14.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes, including liquid
Kosher salt and black pepper
1 15.5-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 15.5-ounce can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 15.5-ounce can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
3 tablespoons of pine nuts, chopped
1 cup of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and carrots and cook until tender, this may take about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and their liquid, 2 cups of water, 1 ½ teaspoons of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the chickpeas, cannellini, and kidney beans and cook until heated through, this may take about 3 minutes.
- Combine the garlic, pine nuts, parsley, remaining ¼ cup of oil, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and ⅛ teaspoon of pepper in a small bowl.
- Divide the chili among individual bowls and top with the pesto.
Read More: VeganSmart Banana Bread