Valentine’s Day is almost here and we have a great healthy dessert to finish out that special day! Gluten-Free Lava Cake is sure to sweeten things up! This chocolate dessert is rich in flavor and protein, did we forget to mention delicious?
Suggested: 5 Healthy Winter Foods
4 tablespoons almond butter
1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 ounce bittersweet chocolate broken into 4 equal pieces
3 teaspoons of sugar substitute (ex. Stevia)
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup almond flour
1 scoop (23.5 grams) Naturade Pea Protein – Chocolate
1 teaspoon baking powder
Powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop the bittersweet chocolate into bite-size pieces.
- Combine almond butter and chocolate pieces in a glass bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until gently melted.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together oat flour, egg, and pea protein powder. Add a splash of water if necessary to create a thick, pudding-like texture.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Spray two ramekins with nonstick baking spray, and pour approximately 1/4-cup of batter into each ramekin.
- Place the chopped bittersweet chocolate pieces in the batter in each ramekin.
- Put remaining (about 1 spoonful) of batter on top, to cover the pieces.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
Enjoy Valentine’s Day with a sweet and healthy treat!