Who can say no to a cupcake?
The foods you eat should never make you feel guilty, they should be nourishing, even your desserts! Next time you are in the baking mood, give our SuperFan Kristy‘s recipe for Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes a try. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup gluten free flour (with xanthan gum)
- 4 scoops VeganSmart Vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder,
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- dash salt
- 6 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup truvia baking blend
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp flax meal mixed with 6 Tbsp water (sub for 2 eggs)
Kristy says, “I always taste the mix before baking…if it isn’t sweet enough, try adding more truvia or agave.”
Protein Peanut Butter Icing
- 3 scoops VeganSmart Vanilla
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp agave
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
Bake at 350 for 16-20 minutes.
This recipe makes 16 cupcakes. Each cupcake with icing has 130 calories. 4.2g fat, 20g carbs, and 7g protein.