The best kind of cookies are those that you can eat in the morning with no guilt whatsoever – the breakfast cookie, if you will. And we have a great recipe for tasty breakfast cookies that are high in protein and have some fiber too. Check them out:
Cherry, walnut and almond breakfast cookies
- 1/2 cup pastry flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop Naturade 100% Whey, Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Blend the wet ingredients in a separate bowl with a whisk.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir well.
- Add the cherries.
- Drop the dough onto the baking sheeting in large tablespoonfuls.
- Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes – make sure they're barely browned and still soft to the touch.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking tray for 2 to 3 minutes before transferring to aluminum foil or a cooling rack.