This summer we know you’re going to be staying fit with Naturade and following our great recipes but finding delicious, light sides to eat at all your soirees is sometimes tough! Between BBQs, picnics, and parties, it is a great idea to have a quick and easy healthy side dish to bring with you to every event. Since it is the summer, you probably don’t want to turn on the oven to 325+ degrees Fahrenheit. To avoid using the oven, or even the stove, you can make these healthy, colorful Caprese Zoodles.
Related: Store Produce the Right Way
Total prep/cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8-12 people
What you’ll need:
- 8 Large Zucchinis
- 4 cups Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- 2 cups Mozzarella balls
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Put all 8 through the spiralizer (to create zoodles)
- Place the zoodles in a large bowl and toss with extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Let the zoodles marinate for 5-10 minutes
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half
- Cut the mozzarella balls in half or quarters, if large
- Chop the basil leaves, if desired
- Add the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil leaves into the bowl with the zoodles
- Toss until combined
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar
Now you can enjoy this delicious recipe all summer long!
See More: Are High Heels a Good Workout?