Football fanatics everywhere rejoice! Super Bowl Sunday is around the corner and we have some delicious game day recipes to get you through the big event. It may seem hard to maintain a plant-based diet during the big game when fan favorite snacks include buffalo wings, but some of our VeganSmart team members have made it possible with these recipes!
Suggested: Brandi Austin’s VeganSmart Pancakes
Brandi Austin’s Lemon Pepper Wings
Here is what you’ll need:
- 1 head of organic cauliflower
- 1 cup of garbanzo flour
- 1 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Prepare the cauliflower by washing and trimming it to the desired shape. Brandi likes to give her cauliflower wings a drumstick look by leaving a bit of the stalk.
- Combine flour, Himalayan salt, black pepper, garlic powder and water in a large mixing bowl. Stir until the ingredients are mixed together thoroughly.
- Dip the cauliflower pieces in the mixture.
- Once the cauliflower has been placed in the mixture arrange each piece on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the wings are baking melt the vegan butter and lemon pepper seasoning in a small sauce pot over low heat.
- After the cauliflower has been in the oven for 15 minutes, remove the wings and toss them in the lemon pepper sauce.
- Place the wings back into the oven and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and a few lemon wedges and serve.
You can add any desired dipping sauces to your lemon pepper wings for an enjoyable Super Bowl treat!
Naja Hill’s Super Bowl Vegan Chili
Here is what you’ll need:
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped medium green pepper
- 1-2 cloves of fine chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 14.5 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 can of tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 can of kidney beans
- 1/4 cup of water
- Heat olive oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions and green peppers into the pot and sauté until slightly softened.
- Once the onions and green peppers are ready, add the garlic, chili powder and cumin into the pot and stir.
- Cook for a about 2 more minutes.
- Add the kidney beans-to the pot and stir into the mixture.
- Add the diced tomatoes and stir.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir.
- Add the 1/4 cup of water.
- Bring to a soft boil, cover, and simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once it’s finished add the chili to a bowl and add tortillas chips.
Naja prefers to eat her chili as a dip dish with tortilla chips to snack on during the big game!