Who doesn’t love ice cream sandwiches? Stay true to your plant-based diet with this tasty vanilla ice cream sandwich recipe made with VeganSmart Vanilla!
Here’s what you’ll need for the cookies:
1/4 cup of raw almonds
2 tablespoons of unsweetened, shredded coconut
1 tablespoon of ground flax seed
2/3 cups of flake oats
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Directions for the cookies:
- Add all the ingredients listed above into a food processor. Mix the ingredients in the processor until combined and clumps form.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place another sheet of parchment paper on top of the mixture, and roll thinly.
- Cut the mixture into squares and place in the freezer to harden
Here’s what you’ll need for the ice cream:
2 frozen ripe bananas
1/2 small ripe avocado
3 tablespoons of coconut cream
1 tablespoon of matcha powder
2 tablespoons of VeganSmart Vanilla
Directions for the ice cream:
- Add all the ingredients listed above into a food processor. Mix until smooth, soft serve ice cream forms.
- Remove the previously made cookies from the freezer.
- Spread the ice cream over half the coolie squares before topping with the other half.
- Place the completed ice cream sandwiches back into the freezer to harden.
- Once hardened, serve and enjoy!
Read More: Stay Positive with Tia Blanco