Vegan Chocolate Mint Cream Pie is the perfect recipe for that summer cookout you’re going to this weekend! Vegans, you no longer have to feel left out because you can’t eat those cream pies! This refreshing dessert recipe will be the talk of the party. All of your vegan and non-vegan friends alike will be begging for a bite of this chocolate mint cream pie.
For the crust…
1/2 cup of cashews
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of oats
1/4 cup VeganSmart Chocolate
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. mint extract
2 tbs. coconut oil
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tbs. almond milk
For the mint cream…
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup mint leaves
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
14 ounces of extra-firm tofu
1 ripe avocado
1 tsp. mint extract
1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all pie crust ingredients in a food processor.
- Pack the pie crust into a pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- Process the spinach, mint leaves, and water.
- Squeeze as much liquid as you can from the leaves, being left with a minty green liquid.
- Add this to the food processor with the rest of the cream ingredients.
- Pour this mix into the cookie crust and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool for an hour and then chill in the refrigerator until ready to be served.
Surprised by the ingredients in this pie? You would never guess that the cream is made from avocado and tofu because of how good it tastes. This is a vegan dessert that you can eat as a healthier alternative to a traditional sugar-filled after-dinner sweet treat. And it will impress all your friends at the cookout!
Read more: Athletes You Didn’t Know Were Vegan