Protein shakes are delicious, but it’s good to add variety to your diet. Protein balls are an easy on-the-go source of protein that can be very tasty. You can make a big batch and save them for the upcoming week or make enough for that day, either way there is no cooking and minimal cleanup! New to your plant-based journey? Consider our starter pack that includes seven of our best varieties, so don’t be afraid to get creative!
Suggested: Who is Liz Arch?
An easy recipe that can be changed for add-ins and toppings is what everyone needs. Craving chocolate and peanut butter? Maybe vanilla and almonds? The possibilities are endless!
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1 cup unsweetened nut or seed butter
- 1 1/3 cups VeganSmart Protein Powder
- Add the agave and nut or seed butter into a large bowl
- Slowly add in the protein powder
- When completely mix, it should be a dough-like consistency. If it is too wet, add more protein powder. If it is too dry, add a tablespoon of water at a time.
- Scoop up 1 1/2 tbps of the mixture and roll it into 1-inch bowl
- Roll the balls in the toppings of your choosing (Optional)
- Place on a plate or in a plastic container and store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until firm
This protein balls recipe has endless possibilities! Want to vary it up? You can add the following into the mixture and/or roll the balls in the toppings.
Great mix-ins and toppings include:
- Chopped nuts
- Cocoa nibs
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Cocoa powder
- Protein powder
- Cayenne powder
- Shredded coconut
- Chia seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Chopped dried fruit
- Matcha powder
Some great combinations are:
|Nut or Seed butter||Flavor of VeganSmart||
Mixed or Rolled in
|Almond butter||Wild Berry||
Want to get extra adventurous? Mix different types of butters or VeganSmart protein powders! Get creative with vanilla and chai or chocolate and wild berries.
Read more: VeganSmart at Wanderlust Squaw Valley