Banana lovers rejoice, we have a recipe that will ripen your hearts! Are you constantly looking for new ways to eat bananas after they overripe? Look no further, we have a banana bread recipe that will put those overripe bananas to use!
Suggested: Fruit Salad with Vanilla VeganSmart Dressing
Here’s What You’ll Need:
1 1/3 cups of mashed ripe bananas (3-4 bananas)
2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
1/3 cup of almond milk
1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
1/2 cup of rolled oats
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 scoop of VeganSmart Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt
1 1/2 cups of whole grain flour
Sliced bananas and chopped walnuts for toppings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a pan with oil and set aside
- In a mixing bowl, mash the 1 1/3 cup of bananas until smooth.
- Add the ground flax seed, almond milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extra into the banana mixture. Stir until combined.
- One by one stir the sugar, VeganSmart Vanilla, oats, baking soda, salt, and flour into the wet mixture. Stir until there are no more flour patches at the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour the dough into the pan and spread evenly. Add toppings as desired and press them into the dough.
- Let the dough bake in the oven for anywhere between 45-55 minutes. Once the bread is lightly golden and firm on top, remove it.
- Let the loaf cool for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the loaf from the pan and place on a cooling rack to completely cool.
- Slice and serve!
Enjoy this VeganSmart take on banana bread next time you are overwhelmed with bananas!
Read More: What is Cold-Pressed Juice?