Our friend Charles Chen, Chef, host of #KitchenHustle and Wellness Entrepreneur brings us this amazing Carrot Cake Muffins recipe using VeganSmart Organic.
2 Tbsp Ground Flax + 6 Tbsp Water
1 ½ cups VeganSmart Organic All in One Vanilla
¼ cup Almond Flour
¼ cup Brown Rice Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Pink Sea Salt
½ cup Maple Syrup
¼ cup Almond Butter
2 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk (Or choice of nut milk)
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 ½ cup Shredded Carrot
⅓ cup Walnuts, chopped
- First, preheat the oven to 350F. Combine the Ground Flax and Water in a small bowl, stir, and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken. Add all of the Flours, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, and Salt to a bowl. Mix well, and form a “well” in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the Flax Egg, Maple Syrup, Almond Butter, Plant Milk, and Vanilla Extract into the center of the well. Mix these ingredients together, and slowly incorporate the dry mix into the wet, until a thick batter forms.
- Next, fold in the shredded Carrot and Walnuts until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into a greased or lined muffin tray – this will make 12 normal sized muffins or 8 jumbo muffins. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Store at room temperature for up to 4 days, the fridge for up to 7, or the freezer for one month.
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
½ cup vegan butter (softened to room temperature // such as Earth Balance® // butter sticks are best, not the spreadable tub // 1 stick yields ½ cup)
1 8-ounce container vegan cream cheese (slightly softened // such as Tofutti® or Trader Joe’s® brand // out of the fridge for 1 hour)
3 – 5 cups sifted organic powdered sugar or use Swerve® (erythritol)
About Charles Chen:
Charles Chen is the Host of #KitchenHustle Chef & Wellness Entrepreneur. Creator of Zzeal wellness media company. At one point in his life Charles struggled with his health and weighed up to 260 pounds. Charles was pre-diabetic, lethargic, and had no motivation. Since then Charles has lost over 100 pounds, reclaimed his health and now passionate about helping others live their best life!
Cant have maple syrup in this recipe. Substitute?
Otherwise love the recipe for my 18 month old. Also cant have egg.