Many people look forward to the food at Super Bowl parties almost as much as watching the big game. Nachos and other finger foods are popular at Super Bowl parties. What if we told you that you can enjoy these same treats while still maintaining a vegan lifestyle? You can! Here are 3 delicious recipes for vegan versions of traditional Super Bowl favorites.
Related: VeganSmart Brownie Recipe
1 bag Tortilla Chips
3/4 cup Vegan Cheese
3/4 cup cooked Black Beans
1/3 cup Guacamole (1 ripe avocado + 1/4 tsp sea salt + 1 lime, juiced)
1/2 – 3/4 cup Chunky Salsa
Fresh Jalapeños and Red Onion, sliced, to taste
Cilantro, Hot Sauce (optional)
- Heat up the black beans with a pinch of salt and any desired spices (we suggest cumin, garlic, and if you’d like a kick, some chili powder).
- On to the guacamole! Mash your avocado and mix in the lime juice and sea salt.
- On a large serving platter arrange your tortilla chips and add on your toppings. Our team at VeganSmart chooses to put black beans, vegan cheese (which will melt over the warm beans or you can heat it up) followed by salsa, guacamole, red onions, jalapenos, and lastly garnished with cilantro and a tab of hot sauce.
Enjoy your perfect combination of vegan nacho ingredients!
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
1 large head of cauliflower
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat the cauliflower in olive oil then sprinkle in breadcrumbs.
- Place cauliflower on parchment lined baking sheet and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Place in a bowl and coat with hot sauce.
- Put back into oven for 20 minutes.
While everyone else is eating their wings you can be enjoying a healthier, vegan version.
Vegan Pigs in a Blanket
1 pckage vegan hot dogs
1 package crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Lay out your crescent roll dough and place the vegan hot dog inside.
- Wrap the dough around the hot dog.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
This recipe is super simple and yummy! Non-vegans won’t even be able to tell the difference.
Who knew eating vegan for the Super Bowl could be so easy? These recipes are quick and convenient for you to make for your guests or for you to bring along to a party.
Read more: Meatless Diets Can Change Your Body, For the Better